Eka, your guide in Sumatra
Sumatra is the largest 100% Indonesian island and the 6th largest island in the world (473,481 km2 with a popoulation of over 50 million). Situated between Malaysia and Java, Sumatra is crossed by the equator and is a perfect destination for holiday. Though less popular than Bali, the island is definitely worth a 2-3 week trip ! You will remember such highlights as :
– snorkeling or diving in Aceh
– meeting orang-outangs in the jungle in Bukit Lawang
– enjoying the relaxed atmoshphere of lakes Toba and Maninjau
– discovering the Batak and Minang cultures
– climbing a volcano
– going on a trip to the Mentawai islands for surfing and / or discovering the Mentawai people culture
– enjoying delicious fresh fruit juices and Indonesian food !
How to come to Sumatra ?
By plane : you can reach Medan or Padang airports from Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta
By boat from Malaysia (from Malaka to Dumai)